Available C++ Libraries FAQ
Libraries available to download (D-L)
LinAlg - C++ Linear Algebra and Optimization classlib
4.3, December 25, 1998
- defines Matrix,Vector, subMatrices, and LAStreams over real domain;
- contains efficient and fool-proof implementations of level 1 and 2
BLAS (element-wise operations and various multiplications),
transposition, determinant evaluation and matrix inverse.
- There are operations on a single row/col/diagonal of a matrix.
- Distinct features of the package are Matrix views, various Matrix
streams, and LazyMatrices. Lazy construction allows one to write
matrix expressions in a natural way while imposing no hidden
temporaries, no deep copying, and no reference counting.
- LinAlg stresses Matrix streams, which provide a sequential
view/access to a matrix or its parts.
span over an arbitrary rectangular block of a matrix, including the
whole matrix, a single matrix element, and all other block sizes in
between. Matrix streams are
subrange-able. A stream or a substream are always created in-line;
they do not allocate any heap storage, and are safe.
- The package implements Singular Value Decomposition (SVD), and its
application to solving
Ax=b, where matrix
does not have to be square, and
b does not have to be a
- The package also implements Brent's univariate optimization and
root finding, Hooke-Jeeves multidimensional optimization of functors,
and Aitken-Lagrange interpolation.
- Every feature is extensively tested in the validation code (included).
- PC 32-bit Windows
- SGI Irix
- IBM AIX
- HP UX
- Dec Alpha
- Visual C++
- SGI CC
- Sun CC
- MetroWerks CodeWarrior
Added : 1996-05-22 Amended: 1999-06-04 Licensing : Public Domain
Add a comment
Beat the credit crunch - buy gold online - quickly, safely and at low prices