Trumphurst Home Page
Available C++ Libraries FAQ
Libraries available to download (A-C)
ClanLib - Game SDK
ClanLib is a cross platform C++ toolkit library.
Essentially the library offers a series of different functionality under a streamlined API. Its primary focus is on games, although not limited for that usage only.
- Very liberal zlib style license
- Supports Windows, Linux and partially Mac OS X
- OpenGL 3, OpenGL 1 and SSE2 Software Rendering
- High-performant shader based render architecture
- Full GUI framework customizable using CSS
- GUI windows rendered to textures or native windows
- High level 2D graphics with fonts, sprites, animations, collisions
- Network library with sockets, web, irc and game interfaces
- Database supporting SQLite
- Sound supporting wav, tracker formats and ogg-vorbis
- Basic cross platform runtime (threading, file I/O, XML/DOM, etc.)
- Template based signal library (type-safe callbacks)
- Integrated resource management
- could be compiled, but not tested
Added : 2011-12-15 Amended: 2011-12-15 Licensing : BSD style
Comment from : JS on 2015-04-03
The CanLib Wiki has been retired
Add a comment
Beat the credit crunch - buy gold online - quickly, safely and at low prices
C++ Usenet Newsgroup
A Web form for submissions to this list
Contact the author for permission to distribute
Copyright (c) 2018 Nikki Locke, Trumphurst Ltd.
Permission is granted to distribute over the Internet without charge.
The author's permission is required (and usually given) to distribute
in any other way, including on CD.