DOS port of GNU Revision Control System V4
RCS is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU
General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1,
or (at your option) any later version.
RCS is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License
for more details.
You should receive a copy of the GNU General Public License along with RCS; see the
COPYING. If not, write to the Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge,
MA 02139, USA.
DOS RCS comes in three parts, as follows
- dosrcsx4.zip Executable programs for DOS RCS (Link withdrawn, on the advice of one Chris Moore, who says I will be liable for bugs in the binaries, and that I should not distribute GNU binaries without including the source and GPL in the same archive.)
- This includes all the currently working DOS RCS programs, plus a copy of GNU
DIFF, and the GNU COPYING restrictions. Unless you are already familiar with
GNU RCS, you will also need DOSRCSD4.ZIP for the documentation.
- dosrcsd4.zip Documentation for DOS RCS
- This includes the standard manual pages supplied with the Unix version of GNU
RCS, and a short file (RCSDOS.MAN) describing the main differences between
the DOS and Unix versions. The first one to read is RCSINTRO.MAN.
- dosrcss4.zip Source for DOS RCS (Microsoft C)
- This includes the full C sources and makefile used to generate the executables in
dosrcsx4.zip, with the exception of the source to GNU DIFF, which is not part of
the RCS package (I don't actually HAVE the source to GNU DIFF for DOS,
For more information on any of Trumphurst's products and services, please
- Contact us using our contact form
- Phone us at +44 1691 659510
(In the U.K., replace "+44" with "0". Elsewhere,
replace "+" with your international dialling code.)
This page, and all contents, are Copyright © 1997-2018 by
St. Martins Moor
www.trumphurst.com is hosted by JumboCruiser.